Friday, October 26, 2007

The devil is in the details

I have so many things to do before I will be confident in opening my Etsy shop. I'll probably open it sometime in December so that I can do a few trial runs with Paypal and so on...get the hang of listing...so that everything is ready for January 1, 2008.

I have an appointment to see the 'financial' people to make sure I have all the rules right...my sister will likely take care of the tricky bits in that matter. Then I have to get my header designed asap as well as logos and other branding (term discovered on Etsy though I had always planned to do it...I just didn't have a name for it) items, so that I can finish getting the packaging stuff and designing it properly.

Then I have to go to the post office and iron all that out.

Then I have to change my Paypal account to business.

Meanwhile I have to make many, many more sticks, and more of my hammered bookmarks, and a load of earrings and the clip barrettes and will the list ever end?

Then I revamp all my photos and start snapping away.

Then I open the shop. Eek.

Meanwhile, have a picture of one of the sticks that will be going onto Etsy. This is cloisonne and glass. See what mean about needing to revamp the photos?

No comments: